Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from the blog : I Wash... You Dry. http://iwashyoudry.com/2012/01/19/cheesy-zucchini-rice-with-bacon/ I'm always looking for different recipe of rice so I plan to try this one real soon.
- 2 cups chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 slices center cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add rice; stir. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a skillet to medium and add bacon and shallots. Cook until brown and crispy. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked uncover and add butter, zucchini, and salt. Stir to combine. Add cheese and stir until the cheese melts completely. Top with the bacon or stir it in the rice.
We also had this with bbq chicken--and it was a nice change (and super easy!). The only change was that I used about a Tbs of chives instead of the shallot. This recipe is a great way to get in veggies (and use up zucchini)!
I loved it!
Made this with some bbq chicken and we all enjoyed it. It was something different for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written.