This is from a wonderful recipe clipping I found in a very old cookbook. I made it this past Christmas and found that it makes a wonderful breakfast dish as well. I only wish there had been more left overs.
- In a large saucepan, cook zucchini in boiling water until crisp-tender; about 3 minutes.
- Cool on paper towels about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; whisk in milk until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and chilies.
- Stir in cheese and diced zucchini.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13" baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.