Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I haven't seen this in here, so I'm posting it for safekeeping. It's from the Rancho Temecula Area Women's Club Cookbook. Submitted by Rosella Topf.
- 18 saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
- 6 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Spread crackers on bottom of buttered and 1 and 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with layer each of zucchini and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Top with onion slices.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and ten minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
- (Cheese may be added at beginning if desired).