Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When my zucchini over took my garden. I couln't even give it away. I recieved this this easy recipe from a elderly neighbor. She says if you want to add a little kick to this dish, use pepper Jack cheese instead of the cheddar.
- 4 -5 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- Place zucchini slices in an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Mix cheese, soup mix (dry) and mayonnaise in a bowl and spread evenly over zucchini.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, removing the foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes to brown topping.
Delicious! I loved that theres no preccoking of the zucchini; that made this really quick to put together. I used a homemade version of the onion soup: Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix so it was not too salty for me. I just added a little milk to make the topping more spreadable. Thanx for sharing your neighbor's recipe. It's a keeper!
A lovely, warm, zucchini-squash casserole that will lull you over to the couch for a quick nap in no time! This is the easiest recipe I have ever made, and as a previous reviewer mentioned, it was nice just to put the slices of squash into the dish, throw together the topping and off you go! No need to change this at all - but I can see adding a topping of Ritz-cracker crumb topping as a change. Thanks for posting!
We got some zucchini from my brother and didn't know what to do with it. We tried this recipe and LOVED it! I am sure we will make it again and again! Thanks for the recipe!