Recipe by Denakisland
Very yummy and filling. Even my picky "I'm not eating it- it's green" kids gobbled it up and asked for more! I cook for a large crowd and this is MORE than enough!
- 8 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 4 1⁄2 cups stuffing cubes, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheese, divided
- 28 ounces cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini in boiling salt water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan cook carrot, celery and onion in 1/4 cup butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, and 3.5 cups of stuffing cubes.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Melt remaining butter and mix with remaining stuffing cubes.
- Place stuffing and butter mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake casserole in 350 oven for 45 minutes.