Recipe by breezermom
This is the only way I can get kids to eat zucchini, and the adults enjoy it as well. It really is good; it was included in the school cookbook at the request of my daughter. This recipe is a request at all my holiday meals. Try it, and I think your family will like it!
Top Review by Ceezie
We added reduced fat sausage to make this a one pot meal. We had a bunch of frozen shredded zucchini to use up so we used that instead of diced - dd toddler thought the zucchini was a noodle haha - and didn't have evap milk so used regular. What we ate was a tasty dish full of vitamins. Thanks
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini, onion, and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle flour and salt over sauteed vegetables, tossing gently to combine. Stir in evaporated milk, sour cream, and cheese.
- Spoon zucchini mixture into a 1 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and it is hot and bubbly.