Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the only way I can get kids to eat zucchini, and the adults enjoy it as well. It really is good; it was included in the school cookbook at the request of my daughter. This recipe is a request at all my holiday meals. Try it, and I think your family will like it!
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute zucchini, onion, and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle flour and salt over sauteed vegetables, tossing gently to combine. Stir in evaporated milk, sour cream, and cheese.
- Spoon zucchini mixture into a 1 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and it is hot and bubbly.
We added reduced fat sausage to make this a one pot meal. We had a bunch of frozen shredded zucchini to use up so we used that instead of diced - dd toddler thought the zucchini was a noodle haha - and didn't have evap milk so used regular. What we ate was a tasty dish full of vitamins. Thanks
Super easy and very cheese zucchini casserole. The zucchini turned out very soft and the dish something between a vegetable side dish and a spread. This came perfect with meat and egg noodles. Thank a lot for this yummy dish!
This was fantastic, breezer! And something for everyone....a healthy vegetable, garlic, a nice onion addition (which I love onions), and plenty of creamy, cheesy sauce to keep the vegetables moistened and flavored just right. We all loved this, and I know I will make it often. I'm only sorry I didn't find this excellent recipe sooner. Made for your awesome week 11 win in the 2013 Football Pool.