1/1 Photo of Cheesy Zucchini Boats
You can prepare and stuff the zucchini a day before. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Using a small spoon, scoop out the zucchini flesh, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick shell.
- 3Wrap the zucchini flesh in a paper towel and squeeze out any excess liquid; discard the liquid and set aside the flesh.
- 4Place the zucchini shells cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over high heat.
- 6Add the zucchini flesh and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the remaining 1 T oil and the bread crumbs, and toast the bread crumbs for 2 minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat, stir in the nuts and oregano, then combine with the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
- 10Flip over the zucchini shells and line the bottoms with the mozzarella.
- 11Pack in the filling.
- 12Sprinkle with parmesan on top.
- 13Bake until the zucchini is tender when pierced with a fork, 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g