Recipe by Leanna Lopez
My best friend and I are eating low carb. I had forgotten about these recipes that I got from a little book from Taste of Home. We had these today at work for a snack. They are very good and very easy!!
- 5 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini into 3/4 inches slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon of crumbled blue cheese into each (I don't like blue cheese so I used Queso Fresco which is Mexican cheese yummy!).
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over the blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice (I cut them in half and put on top).
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture. Bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.