Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Only 3 WW points.
- 5 -7 average zucchini
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 ounces grated reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (no salt added if available)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Cover bottom of pan with one layer of zucchini slices.
- Beat milk with eggs and flour in mixer until smooth.
- Sprinkle zucchini evenly with grated cheese.
- Pour milk mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and a desired quantity of freshly ground pepper over the top.
- Drizzle tomato sauce evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until done in center.
For my family, this was just OK, nothing special. Texture seemed strange to me; I think we would have liked it better without the egg mixture poured over it. It wasn't eggy enough to be a quiche, but was too eggy to be anything else. Sorry.
Very nice. I had cut up 3 zucchini for a half recipe, and had too much, much too much after putting down one layer, so I did another layer after the cheese. I' not sure this was right or not, then I put on the tomato sauce. It makes a kind of flan, was used it as a side dish with a grilled chicken breast. I think the leftovers will microwave nicely. I will make it again for sure.