Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorites when the zucchinis come on in the summer.
Make and share this Cheesy Zucchini Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups garted parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until tender. sprinkle with salt and pepper: stir. Transfer to an ungreeased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in tomato puree, paste, sugar, Italian seasoning and basil. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, until slightly thickened. Stir in olives. Pour over zucchini. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Combine the eggs and Parmesan cheese; pour over zucchini. Bake at 375 degree for 25-30 minutes. Let dish satnd for 15 minutes.
This made such a yummy vegetarian meal. I added some cauliflower and red pepper to the zucchini base and it turned out fabulously so thanks for a quick evening meal tonight.