Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
From Bon Appetit Magazine.
Make and share this Cheesy Zucchini and Red Onion Flatbread recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick vegatable cooking spray
- one 10 ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 3⁄4 cup garlic-and-herb cheese spread, divided (such as Alouette)
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 1 small red onion
- one 7-to-8-inch-long zucchini (yellow or green)
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray.
- Unroll dough onto parchment.
- Spread half of the herb cheese over 1 long half of dough, leaving 1/2-inch plain border.
- Sprinkle with half of parmesan and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Using parchment as aid, fold plain half of dough over filled half (do not seal edges).
- Spread remaining herb cheese over top; sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Remove enough outer layers of onion to yield 2-inch-diameter core; cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Arrange 1 row of zucchini down 1 long side of dough.
- Arrange onions rounds in row alongside zucchini.
- Arrange 1 more row of zucchini alongside onion.
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake bread until puffed and deep brown at edges, about 24 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pasrley.