1/1 Photo of Cheesy Zucchini and Corn With Pesto Bread Topping
I love zucchini corn and cheese together but the topping really makes this fantastic. Adapted from the Canadian dairy website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml olive oil, divided
- 29.58 ml pesto sauce, purchased (or your homemade)
- 709.77 ml bread, cubed small (or torn, use up your stale white or whole wheat, french, just not sweet bread)
- 59.14 ml white onion, small dice
- 4 small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch
- 473.18 ml corn, cut fresh off cobs or 473.18 ml frozen corn
- 78.07 ml sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Set a large pan on medium heat. When pan is hot add 2 Tbsp olive oil and stir in the pesto. Add the bread cubes and toss. Take off heat and set aside.
- 2In a large pan heat the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes, or until just soft but not browning.
- 3Add zucchini, corn, red pepper and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Stir in 3/4 cup cheese until cheese is melting in and then transfer to a shallow casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and then the pesto bread cubes.
- 6Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until topping is crispy. You may need to finish by broiling for a few minutes, depending on your oven.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Zucchini and Corn With Pesto Bread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: