1/1 Photo of Cheesy Zucchini and Corn With Pesto Bread Topping
I love zucchini corn and cheese together but the topping really makes this fantastic. Adapted from the Canadian dairy website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, purchased (or your homemade)
- 3 cups bread, cubed small (or torn, use up your stale white or whole wheat, french, just not sweet bread)
- 1/4 cup white onion, small dice
- 4 small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 cups corn, cut fresh off cobs or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Set a large pan on medium heat. When pan is hot add 2 Tbsp olive oil and stir in the pesto. Add the bread cubes and toss. Take off heat and set aside.
- 2In a large pan heat the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes, or until just soft but not browning.
- 3Add zucchini, corn, red pepper and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Stir in 3/4 cup cheese until cheese is melting in and then transfer to a shallow casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and then the pesto bread cubes.
- 6Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until topping is crispy. You may need to finish by broiling for a few minutes, depending on your oven.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Zucchini and Corn With Pesto Bread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: