Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very versatile, add more or less garlic, add some pepper, stewed tomatoes, whatever floats your boat. This is a very quick meal for us because I always have already cooked pasta and chicken in the freezer, so all I have to do is pull it out and voila! You could also use canned chicken. This is not a real spicy meal, it's a good base recipe and one I know my kids will enjoy as is when I don't feel like listening to them complain and we are all just hungry and tired :)This makes a lot, so we usually have some left over to serve as a side dish on another night.
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 12 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- I usually have the chicken already cooked, but if you don't, cook three breasts of chicken. Put water on for the pasta (again, if you don't already have this in the freezer).
- While those two things are cooking, put the oil in a large skillet, shred the carrots and zucchini. Toss them along with the garlic into the pan and saute.
- By the time the carrots and zucchini are done, your pasta and chicken should be done as well.
- Toss it all together in the skillet along with the sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, and romano cheeses. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the cheese melt and serve!
We really liked this simple pasta dish! I was looking for a way to finish off the zucchini in my fridge and it was nice to get a whole meal in one dish! I made a few minor changes: I used whole what angel hair pasta, nonfat yogurt, and omitted the romano as I didn't have any. This recipe was easily halved and didn't take very long to make, even though I didn't have my chicken and past precooked. THanks! We'll make it again I 'm sure!