My daughter despises zucchini, but my husband and I love it, so this is an easy way for us to get our "fix" and it's the perfect amount for the two of us. If I'm baking something else in the oven, I'll just put this in till the meat or whatever is done, then crank up the broiler and top it off in there. And of course, you can use more cheese or anything else you desire.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, boullion and salt to a boil.
- Add zucchini.
- Cover and boil for 3 to 5 minutes until just tender-crisp; drain well.
- Arrange half of zucchini in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese and half the parmesan.
- Layer the remaining zucchini and cheeses.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until cheese melts and bubbles.