Recipe by HEP MEP
My daughter despises zucchini, but my husband and I love it, so this is an easy way for us to get our "fix" and it's the perfect amount for the two of us. If I'm baking something else in the oven, I'll just put this in till the meat or whatever is done, then crank up the broiler and top it off in there. And of course, you can use more cheese or anything else you desire.
Top Review by Mirj
MEP, my darling, your daughter doesn't know what's good eating! This was sublime, more than sublime, it was decadent, since I ate most of the whole thing myself. 4 servings my big fat tushy, do you know what happens if you put this dish down in front of a Somersizer or an Atkin's dieter? It's not pretty, let me tell you! I cut the zukes into spears, and cooked them with an onion soup cube instead of the chicken bouillon. I also spread the spears out in the oven, did not layer them, so they sort of became cheesy zuke fries. By the time I was making my third batch I had it down to a science, with a sprinking of granulated garlic on the spears before sprinkling on the cheese, and then a light powdering of some Hungarian paprika. MEP, I sing your praises on a regular basis, thank you!
- 5 -6 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or so)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, boullion and salt to a boil.
- Add zucchini.
- Cover and boil for 3 to 5 minutes until just tender-crisp; drain well.
- Arrange half of zucchini in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese and half the parmesan.
- Layer the remaining zucchini and cheeses.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until cheese melts and bubbles.