Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe, it's great for an appetizer or side dish. I absolutely love this recipe. Note: Use whatever kind of cheese you like, I personally think that the Velveeta cheese tastes the best in this recipe.
- 5 -7 large potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese or 12 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces sour cream
- chives (optional) or green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl or a resealable plastic baggy, mix garlic powder & salt, onion powder, cumin, paprika some salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice all of your potatoes into about 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- Drop potatoes into bowl or baggy and mix well, until all potatoes are coated.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil and butter and then add in the potatoes.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until browned all around.
- Then put potatoes, along with the pan drippings, into a baking dish and bake for about another 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked and tender.
- Heat and melt the cheese and then stir in the hot sauce.
- Chop the green onions or chives.
- Serve potatoes with a layer of sour cream on top and then melted cheese and chives.
These potatoes came together quick and easy and they tasted great. The only downside would the calories.