This is a great recipe, it's great for an appetizer or side dish. I absolutely love this recipe. Note: Use whatever kind of cheese you like, I personally think that the Velveeta cheese tastes the best in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -7 large potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese or 12 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces sour cream
- chives (optional) or green onion (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl or a resealable plastic baggy, mix garlic powder & salt, onion powder, cumin, paprika some salt and pepper.
- 3Peel and dice all of your potatoes into about 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- 4Drop potatoes into bowl or baggy and mix well, until all potatoes are coated.
- 5In a saute pan, heat olive oil and butter and then add in the potatoes.
- 6Cook for about 10-15 minutes until browned all around.
- 7Then put potatoes, along with the pan drippings, into a baking dish and bake for about another 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked and tender.
- 8Heat and melt the cheese and then stir in the hot sauce.
- 9Chop the green onions or chives.
- 10Serve potatoes with a layer of sour cream on top and then melted cheese and chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy & Zesty Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 953.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g