Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A true comfort food from Wisconsin. This is a rich, delicious macaroni and cheese that is great as a side dish or as a meal.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, shreeded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- crackers (optional) or breadcrumbs (optional)
- Boil pasta, drain and set aside.
- Place butter and cream in large skillet over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheeses to skillet, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and add pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put pasta and cheese mixture in caserole dish.
- Top with cracker or bread crumbs (optional).
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 15-20 minutes.