Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy, but filling soup! Another family favorite. This is a modified version of one I found in an old TOH magazine.
- 2 boxes uncle ben wild rice mix
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 1 -2 cup milk or 1 -2 cup chicken broth (or more to thin or thicken the soup to your taste)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (or more to your taste)
- sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- cooked cubed chicken (optional)
- cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
- In a large soup pan prepare rice mix according to package directions (for 2 packages).
- To the cooked rice add the cream of potato soup, milk and cheese (If I add chicken broth instead of milk, I add the cubed chicken and don't add the cheese.) Cook and stir over med heat until cheese is melted and soup is warmed through.
- (Cook time includes prep time).