Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great Minnesota recipe, and soooo good...creamy and filling too! I moved to Southern Missouri, and was surprised that natural wild rice is so hard to find in these parts. I'm not a soup eater, but this is excellent!!!
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cheece
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions, drain water.
- Add half & half, potato soup and cheese to the cooked wild rice.
- Crumble bacon & add to mixture.
- Heat on low until cheese has melted.
- This freezes very well.