Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I came up with this Fast and rich and creamy sauce while making the Spinach and Mushroom Casserole. The uses for this sauce are endless. Top any veggie, toss noodles or pasta with it, pour it over fried eggs, over savory crepes.............. Be careful when adding salt for the cheese adds salt to the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup asiago cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- In microwave oven melt butter. Add flour and mix till all incorporated. Whisk in milk, nutmeg and white pepper and microwave till thickened. Remove from microwave and stir in the cheese till melted.
- If needed cook till flour taste disipates.
- Season to taste.
I always have cravings for alfredo and this is an easy version to whip up quickly! I used non-fat milk and some lemon pepper. I served it over pierogies and vegetables. Great meal! Will be making this often.
Made for Photo Tag 2008 Yup...QUICK & EASY!!!! Love IT! This is definitely a versatile recipe...endless variations.