Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rich sauce with lots of cheesy flavor, it will pair well with tortellini or any kind of pasta.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, very soft
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or use 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat; add in garlic and cayenne and cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the soft cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in milk; bring to a simmer over low heat whisking until combined, smooth and heated through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, then season with black pepper to taste.
Thick, creamy, rich, and delicious alfredo sauce! I had the entire meal for my family on the table in under 30 minutes (I sound like Rachael Ray!) including the pasta and sauce. I couldn't believe the flavor and consistency that came without using flour and starting with a white sauce. Absolutely a winner! Thanks again Kitten!
The flavor was good; however, it is entirely too rich. The recipe does not give direction on how much pasta to use (and it says 4 servings), so I used a 12 oz. box. I suspect if I cut the alfredo recipe in half and combined it with 12 oz. of fettucine, it would be good. I'll try again. Beyond that, nice flavor, very easy to make, and a smooth sauce.