From the local supermarket winter promotional booklet. Suggested you serve with a sliced baquetter and or corn chips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 (400 g) cannellini beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated extra for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (whole-egg)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (few drops or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan forced.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook onions for 5 minutes until softened.
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash lightly with a fork and then add onion, parmesan, mayonnaise, worcestershire and tabasco sauces and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a heat proof bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and extra parmesan and sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with sliced baquette and or corn chips.