Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the local supermarket winter promotional booklet. Suggested you serve with a sliced baquetter and or corn chips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 (400 g) cannellini beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated extra for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (whole-egg)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (few drops or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan forced.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook onions for 5 minutes until softened.
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash lightly with a fork and then add onion, parmesan, mayonnaise, worcestershire and tabasco sauces and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a heat proof bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and extra parmesan and sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with sliced baquette and or corn chips.
This was a nice change of pace. I halved the recipe and there was still more than enough. I did add some garlic with the onion, but followed the recipe exactly after that. I think I could have been more generous with the hot sauce, as I didn't really notice much heat. The consistency was also a bit on the dry side, so next time, I don't think I will drain the beans quite so much and retain some liquid. Thanks for sharing this!
I cut the recipe in half, and maybe I'm just used to pinto or black bean dips but I thought it was missing something. I don't know what, or maybe there was too much mayonnaise. My brother liked it better than I did but I didn't really dislike it. We served it on tortilla chips and Ritz crackers. Made for Australian Make My Recipe cooking game.
Zingy and yet rich and cheesy this was a great and VERY filling dip. Made it for a big BBQ I had on Tuesday and it disappeared rapidy! I served it with toasted pitta bread triangles and also some slices of baguette! A great and alternative recipe to the normal bean dip, thanks Pat! (I have photos, have tried to post them, will try again!) FT:-)