Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If Vidalias are not available, use Walla Wallas or Spanish onions.... as long as they are the sweet onion variety. Serve with crackers, pita chips, etc.
- 3 large vidalia onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease/spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté the chopped onions in the butter until tender and golden, but not browned.
- Remove from heat; stir in all remaining ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, pita chips, etc.
This very easy and tasty.