Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is FABULOUS! Mmmm....my family had this for dinner tonight. I was looking for something that was a Creole/Cajun type dish, but with cheese. This is what I came up with, and it was adored by most of my family.
- 1 lb broccoli, frozen
- 1⁄2 lb cauliflower, frozen
- 1⁄2 lb peas, frozen
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 (5 ounce) jar old English cheese
- 2 ounces muenster cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil broccoli, and cauliflower until almost cooked through, drain.
- Refill pot with water, and boil pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté bell pepper, peas, broccoli, cauliflower and garlic in butter.
- Add in seasonings, milk, jarred cheese, tomatoes, and let heat up.
- Then add in diced cheese and let melt thoroughly. If you need to thicken add in a little bit of cornstarch (I needed to).
- Drain pasta, and add sauce. Serve.