Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serving creamed veggies over waffles will entice the kids into eating their veggies. But adults will like this meatless meal as well. To toast the almonds, bake in a shallow pan in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Recipe from one of Betty Crocker's supermarket cookbooklets.
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope white sauce mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, green beans, pearl onions and red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 frozen low-fat whole grain waffles
- 1⁄3 cup sllivered almonds, toasted
- Prehare white sauce mix as directed on package using 2 cups milk. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted; cover to keep warm.
- While sauce is heating, cook vegetables as directed on package; drain. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Prepare waffles as directed on package.
- For each serving, place 2 waffles on each plate. Top with vegetables; spoon cheese sauce over vegetables. Sprinkle with almonds.
- NOTE: To reduce fat content, you may use skim milk and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese in this recipe.