Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is real comfort food. SO good on a cold day. We like to add a drop or two of red hot sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- In large pan melt butter, add celery, carrots, and onion.
- Cook on medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in instant potato.
- Slowly add milk and cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
Thought the soup was pretty bland. Made it again and instead of the water I used beer. Added a tsp of minced garlic to veges when sauteing and used sharp cheddar. Serve with popcorn and it was a great beer cheese soup.