Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great, fast recipe for a spicy, cheesy, comforting soup. This is what I came up with after experimenting with several of my Mom's recipes for soups. She now likes it more than her own! All ingredients are approximate, and modifications can be made depending on what you need to clean out of your fridge. This is great served with warm cornbread or cheddar beer muffins.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, chunked
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, chunked
- 2 cups milk
- 15 1⁄2 ounces corn, drained
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed and diced
- Simmer first four ingredients until tender. Do not over cook potatoes, or they will just disappear into your soup.
- Add Velveeta, allowing it to melt.
- Add milk, more or less as desired.
- Add corn and broccoli. (I've used two cans of corn with great results.).
- Can be served once heated through, or placed into a CrockPot to keep warm until supper time.