A vegetable recipe adapted from an issue of Kraft Food and Family. I worked with what I had on hand. It turned out great!
- 6 cups mixed vegetables, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (butternut squash, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onion peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed Ritz cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place vegetables and milk in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to med-low; simmer 20 min or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese; cook until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, basil, rosemary, garlic and salt-n-pepper (optional).
- Pour into greased 2-qt casserole dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 30 min or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.