Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
Italian dish, also called "frittata". Quick to prepare and deliciossso!!!
Top Review by Derf
Excellent flavours and so easy and quick to put together. I used fresh spinach and a walla walla onion, loved the touch of nutmeg. Also used sharp white cheddar instead of the parmesan for a better melt. One I will make again and again!! thanks for posting.
- 6 -8 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecooked spinach, well drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tomatoes, wedge for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat eggs and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in the oil until just witted. Add spinach. Heat through, blend in with the onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix.
- Pour beaten egg over vegetables. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan to keep omelette loose from the bottom. Loosen around edges with spatula.
- Just before eggs are all set on top, sprinkle with cheese. Slip under broiler until browned.
- Slide onto platter. Garnish with tomatoes. Cut in wedges to serve.
- Good served with crisp hot french bread and butter.