- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packagelight extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (replace with soy-cheese if Vegan)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (omit if Vegan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray and cook tofu, (regular) onion, and pepper over high heat until browned (6-10 minutes).
- Stir in seasoning; cook for 1 minute. Add tomato juice and salsa and stir.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Garnish with lettuce, green onion, tomato, cheddar, and chips. Put a dollop of sour cream on top if you wish.