Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband doesn't like pasta very much so I created this meal for him. I took his favorite veggies and came up with this dish. You can always customize it to your personal vegetable preferences.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 whole red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 whole carrots, chopped
- 2 whole yellow squash, chopped
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions (omit salt for healthier version).
- Using a wok or other large nonstick skillet heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, saute till onion begins to soften.
- Add Carrots and some italian seasoning to the pan and cook around 5-7 minutes to give the carrots a head start on cooking.
- Add the squash and cook for around 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomato, olives and artichoke hearts and cook till the squash and carrots are tender.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetables.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Yum! I made this pretty much as directed except that I skipped the olives, and sliced some of the veggies rather than chopping them. Great combination of veggies and flavors. Thanks LovingMyLife for sharing this simple keeper. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
I decided to prepare a non-meat meal every other day for my family and this was a delicious start. I prepared it exactly as it read. The only thing I deleted were the Olives(not a fan of olives) and I added Tony's cajun seasoning for additional flavor. While I was cooking the vegetables, I could smell the amazing aroma they gave off each time I added another veggie to the pan. The taste was so good that I didn't miss the meat. I served this to my family along with some garlic bread and it disappeared quickly. I will definitely make this one again. Thanks for the recipe.