Recipe by LovingMyLife
My husband doesn't like pasta very much so I created this meal for him. I took his favorite veggies and came up with this dish. You can always customize it to your personal vegetable preferences.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I made this pretty much as directed except that I skipped the olives, and sliced some of the veggies rather than chopping them. Great combination of veggies and flavors. Thanks LovingMyLife for sharing this simple keeper. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 whole red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 whole carrots, chopped
- 2 whole yellow squash, chopped
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions (omit salt for healthier version).
- Using a wok or other large nonstick skillet heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, saute till onion begins to soften.
- Add Carrots and some italian seasoning to the pan and cook around 5-7 minutes to give the carrots a head start on cooking.
- Add the squash and cook for around 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomato, olives and artichoke hearts and cook till the squash and carrots are tender.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetables.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.