My husband doesn't like pasta very much so I created this meal for him. I took his favorite veggies and came up with this dish. You can always customize it to your personal vegetable preferences.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 whole red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 whole carrots, chopped
- 2 whole yellow squash, chopped
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions (omit salt for healthier version).
- Using a wok or other large nonstick skillet heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, saute till onion begins to soften.
- Add Carrots and some italian seasoning to the pan and cook around 5-7 minutes to give the carrots a head start on cooking.
- Add the squash and cook for around 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomato, olives and artichoke hearts and cook till the squash and carrots are tender.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetables.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.