- 1 cup farmer cheese, Shredded
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, process cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, and soy sauce until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Use as a spread on crackers, whole wheat bread, or pita crisps, or stuffed into pita pockets.
- Variations: - substitute shredded Cheddar for the farmer cheese Spread may be made in advance, and refrigerated 3-4 days.