1 hr 20 mins
Each year our company has a cook-off to raise money for a local charity. This was this years winner in the "Progresso Soup" category. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 10 ounces frozen creamed corn
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
Croutons for Cheesy Vegetable Soup
- 1For Soup:.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- 3Add celery, onion and bouillon.
- 4Reduce to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, carrots, corn, mixed vegetables, and soup. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- 6Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese.
- 7Cook, stirring gently until the cheese has melted and the soup is hot. Do not boil.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve with croutons.
- 10For Croutons:.
- 11Melt butter in the microwave and sprinkle with onion salt, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- 12Stir together.
- 13Cut up sandwich bun and stir into butter mixture to coat.
- 14Microwave 1 minute and stir.
- 15Microwave 30 seconds and stir.
- 16Microwave 20 seconds and stir.
- 17Microwave 20 seconds and stir.
- 18Pour onto something cool.
- 19These crisp up best by making one bun at a time. Each bun makes enough for two bowls. You can use any leftover bun, roll, etc that you have.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Soup With Homemade Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.9
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 1393.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: