Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that our family loves. I have made it for get togethers of all occasions and it goes every time. It is easy and tastes great on a chilly autumn day. I add bacon and liquid smoke to mine for a great smokey flavor.
- 6 cups water
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- liquid smoke (optional)
- In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add hash browns, vegetables, and bouillon. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients (including bacon if desired) with layers of cheese, soup, and milk. Cook until cheese is melted, then add liquid smoke (optional) to taste for a smokey flavor. Stir often and simmer until hot.