Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh how I love this soup! So easy - quick and filling!! Old recipe that I have just recovered and had to post so I won't lose it again!
- 2 lbs california-blend frozen vegetables (or your choice of frozen vegetables)
- 56 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (your choice of heat)
- 1 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Cube cheese for easier melting. Set aside.
- In large stock pot place all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Stir often so it doesn't burn on bottom of pan.
Ilove this soup!! Thanks for the recipe!
Fantastic!! I cooked this in the crock pot and added the cheese at the end and stirred,stirred,stirred. I also added some frozen peas and an onion. You can't get any easier than this! Thanks for posting!!
I made this soup yesterday and I got a couple of things wrong...I added everything together instead of cooking the vegies first. Then it kind of curdled. If/when I make this again--and I think I will I am going to cut back on the amount of broth---way too thin. I even mashed up some of the vegies to try and thicken it but it didn't work very well. I froze what I had left over and I will probably use it as a base for caseroles or cooking brown rice. It was ok but when I make it again I will saute up some onion and garlic and I will be cutting back on the broth. Jonesy