Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food at it's best! Add a salad and a loaf of crusty bread and you have a yummy meal!
- 177.44 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 887.21 ml water
- 22.18 ml chicken bouillon
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml broccoli, chopped
- 473.18 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 354.88 ml carrots, chopped
- 709.77 ml half-and-half cream
- 709.77 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- ground black pepper
- In a large stock pot melt butter and saute onions until tender.
- Add water and chicken bouillon, bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour and some of the broth.
- Slowly add flour mixture into the soup.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add half & half, shredded cheese and season with fresh black pepper.
- Heat through until cheese has melted, but be sure NOT TO BOIL!
This was a good soup, even in the middle of summer! I did cut way back on the butter (used 1/4 cup) and used half skim milk and half whole milk in place of the half and half since that's what I had on hand. I used frozen broccoli and pureed some of the soup. Tasty! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.