Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great with tortilla chips. Make a big bowl and share with you mates. If you want, add some extra herbs or some spicy curry powder for extra flavour.
- 200 g red peppers or 200 g green peppers
- 450 g tomato passata
- 1 onion
- 100 g cheese
- herbs, to taste
- spices, to taste
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Fry in olive oil for around 4 minutes. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Chop pepper into small chunks. Remove seeds and add to mixing bowl. Stir until onion and peppers are mixed together. Now preheat oven to 200C/392F/Gas Mark 6.
- Pour passata in small amounts while stirring. Transfer mixture into a small ovenproof serving bowl.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle over mixture. Place bowl into oven and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes (if you want to). Serve with tortilla chips.