Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband was craving something "cheesy and vegetable-y" so we threw some stuff in a pan and ended up with this. It turned out to be the most cheesy, creamy casserole I've ever had and it was fantastic. This is definitely a staple in our home now. We've done a version with just vegetables and a version with chicken.
- 4 lbs frozen vegetables
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 4 -8 ounces heavy cream or 4 -8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese, thickly sliced (or similar)
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cubed (optional)
- Choose frozen veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.
- Boil veggies until close to tenderness you prefer.
- Prepare minute rice.
- In large baking dish (we used 9x11x4), mix veggies, rice, whipping cream and sour cream. If you’re using chicken, mix in the cooked chicken now.
- Arrange cheese pieces in a single layer on top of mixture.
- Place baking dish in oven set to 400 degrees and cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove dish and stir. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
I found this to be really good!I loved the fact that you culd make with whatever veggies that you wanted to.I used the brown Minute rice.I also used the 2% Velveeta for part of the cheese then I used the mexican for the rest.Just to give it a little kick.To cut down on some of the fat I used the light sour cream and the fat free milk.I thiught that it turned out great!I will make this one alot more!Thanks for a new favorite!