My husband was craving something "cheesy and vegetable-y" so we threw some stuff in a pan and ended up with this. It turned out to be the most cheesy, creamy casserole I've ever had and it was fantastic. This is definitely a staple in our home now. We've done a version with just vegetables and a version with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs frozen vegetables
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 4 -8 ounces heavy cream or 4 -8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 lbs Velveeta cheese, thickly sliced (or similar)
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cubed (optional)
- 1Choose frozen veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.
- 2Boil veggies until close to tenderness you prefer.
- 3Prepare minute rice.
- 4In large baking dish (we used 9x11x4), mix veggies, rice, whipping cream and sour cream. If you’re using chicken, mix in the cooked chicken now.
- 5Arrange cheese pieces in a single layer on top of mixture.
- 6Place baking dish in oven set to 400 degrees and cook until cheese is melted.
- 7Remove dish and stir. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 1111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g