Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Real men do eat quiche! This is perfect fare for a brunch or an entrée for a light lunch!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Sauté mushrooms, carrots, green onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in spinach, and cook for 1 minute longer; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well combined.
- Stir in vegetable mixture to cheese mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375° and bake for 35 minutes longer or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very easy to make! Did not have frozen spinach, so I used fresh and it came out great.