Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
From All Recipes
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 11 ounces spinach, baby spinach
- 8 ounces part-skim cottage cheese
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers, zucchini and garlic. Saute for 7 minutes; set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan and gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup spinach mixture.
- In a small bowl combine cottage and ricotta cheeses; stir well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetables, spinach mixture and 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ending with noodles. Top with reserved spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.