Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
It is so good. I got this recipe during Hurricane Hugo and have been making it ever since (obviously the microwave did not work but then I just boiled the potatoes on the grill burner). You can also experiment with different vegetables and cheeses.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen carrots
- 6 large potatoes (more or less if you like)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheese (other cheese that you like)
- salt and pepper
- (if using fresh vegetables, I usually just cut up as much as I want and then modify the cheese, potatoes and onions) In glass bowl, slice potatoes about 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- fill bowl with water and cook in microwave until almost done.
- Meanwhile, slice onions however thick you would like them.
- When potatoes are done, drain and then layer potatoes, vegetables onions and cheese (I usually layer 3 times) in an aluminum pan or aluminum foil pack (buy at the store for the grill).
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and pieces of butter on top.
- Seal foil pack or place aluminum foil over aluminum pan and seal.
- Cook 30-40 minutes on medium heat on grill (time varies also, depending on the grill).
- This is so yummy!
- Hope you enjoy.
This is delicious!
This was good but I think it would be better with fresh veggies. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add potaotes or the butter. I sprayed my pan with Pam and added all the veggies. I cooked on the grill for 30 minutes. I then added the cheese, salt and pepper and cooked for another 10 minutes. My family enjoyed these.
Extra tasty!! I love grilled veggies and tin foil veggies but never thought to add cheese to the mix!! I used one bag of mixed veggies, half a bag of broccoli, three big potatoes, two or three cloves of garlic and probably about one cup of colby jack cheese. Instead of the butter I just used a little beer in the bottom of the tin foil to help steam everything. You could easily adapt this recipe and add any veggie you'd like to the mix. I might go a little more spicy next time and add some peppers and dried pepper powder for a fun kick. THANKS!!!