1/2 Photos of Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
I've made this recipe so many times and it is fantastic! It is easy to do and tastes soooo good! Give it a try tonight! It was the Top-Rated recipe in Southern Living Magazine 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf processed cheese, cubed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimientos, undrained
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1BRING first 6 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 3Stir in corn; remove from heat.
- 4MELT butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 6STIR in milk and next 5 ingredients.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- 8Gradually stir cheese mixture into vegetable mixture.
- 9COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soup is thoroughly heated.
- 10Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
- 11Makes: 2 quarts.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (3258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 1240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g