1/2 Photos of Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
My friend Donna brought this into work one day. It was gobbled up within an hour. Thankfully, she agreed to share the recipe. This is such a nice soup to serve during the fall and winter, I thought I would share it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 10 ounces canned corn or 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter and sauté onion and carrot for a few minutes or until tender.
- 2Add water, pepper, corn, and broccoli.
- 3cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Add potato soup, cheese, and milk.
- 5Stir until cheese melts and soup is warmed throughout.
- 6DO NOT BOIL!
- 7Enjoy, may ladle into soup bowls and top with croutons.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 1708.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g