Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Donna brought this into work one day. It was gobbled up within an hour. Thankfully, she agreed to share the recipe. This is such a nice soup to serve during the fall and winter, I thought I would share it too.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 10 ounces canned corn or 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 carrot, grated
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter and sauté onion and carrot for a few minutes or until tender.
- Add water, pepper, corn, and broccoli.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potato soup, cheese, and milk.
- Stir until cheese melts and soup is warmed throughout.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Enjoy, may ladle into soup bowls and top with croutons.
Absolutely delicious Sharon! Made with Cheddar cheese as we cannot get velveeta in France. I added spinach instead of broccoli, again, it was what I had to hand. Loved this and had it with home-made rye bread for lunch. Made for Veggie recipe swap as a recipe-nap for the VIP chef, me! Merci encore, FT:-)