Recipe by newspapergal
Good on a cold night. The veggies and broth simmer down to a thick, almost chili-like consistency that I just love. Kick it up by using diced tomatoes & green chiles (rotel) instead of the diced tomatoes. I like to serve this with cornbread muffins.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients except cheese & sour cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 minutes, or until veggies are in tender.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle each bowl with remaining cheese and top with sour cream, if desired.