1/1 Photo of Cheesy Vegetable Chili Soup
Good on a cold night. The veggies and broth simmer down to a thick, almost chili-like consistency that I just love. Kick it up by using diced tomatoes & green chiles (rotel) instead of the diced tomatoes. I like to serve this with cornbread muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Bring all ingredients except cheese & sour cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 minutes, or until veggies are in tender.
- 3Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- 4Sprinkle each bowl with remaining cheese and top with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 898.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g