Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a mild vegetable chili that uses zucchini and mushrooms. Perfect for those cool nights during late summer right thru winter.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large soup pot, add garlic, green pepper, mushrooms and onions. Cook until tenter, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Heat to a boil. Reduce to low.
- Add zucchini, kidney beans and corn. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add grated chedder cheese, and stir until melted into chili.
- Serve with rice or cornbread, more cheese, sour cream and onion.