Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's a rich, hearty one from the lowlands of Scotland
Make and share this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cauliflower, florets only
- 14 ounces leeks, cut into thin slices or 14 ounces scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli or 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 6 eggs
- 10 fluid ounces light cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cook the prepared vegetables in salted, boiling water for ten minutes or so.
- Butter the inside of a large casserole dish and add the hot vegetables to it with most of the cheese mixed in.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with the cream and seasoning and pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 300°F for 25 to 30 minutes until the egg custard is set.